- Fly the SPAD 13, Nieuport 17, Nieuport 28, Albatros D.Va, Fokker D.VII, Fokker DR.1, Pfalz D.XII, Sopwith Camel, S.E.5a and Felixstowe F.2a
- Fly combat patrols, recon missions, artillery spotting missions, balloon busting missions, escort missions and bombing missions over the trenches of WWI
- Many custom single and free flight missions to gain combat experience
- Fight over the Western Front Map and fly over the devastated No Man’s Land and endless trench network that separates the great armies of WWI
- Patrol over the Channel Map which includes Northern France, Southern England and the Flanders area of Belgium with realistic coastlines, villages and ports.
- Special “Channel Battles” mission set is included featuring the gigantic Felixstowe F.2a flying boat
- Use the Quick Mission Builder to quickly create custom combat scenarios in seconds
- Three scripted Campaigns are included. Fly the Training Campaign to learn basic flying and practise your dogfighting skills.
- Choose a Pilot Career and join one of dozens of different squadrons from Great Britain, France, Germany, USA or Belgium and fly realistic missions and advance in rank over time and encounter famous enemy aces in deadly aerial combat
- Fly in Online Multiplayer servers. MP modes include Dogfight and CO-OP. Search for multiplayer servers with a built-in server browser.
- Practise teamwork by manning additional gunner positions. You get unlimited access to multi-crew aircraft in Multiplayer matches
- Statistics tracking and online Leaderboards
- Seasonal terrain textures including spring, autumn and winter for the famous Western Front in France
- Complex atmospheric conditions such as turbulence, variable wind, moving clouds and shadows, rain and snow
- Realistic gunnery and ballistics with a progressive and detailed damage model - no two crashes or kills are the same!
- G-effects with blackout, red-out and wounded pilot effects featuring blood splatter, ringing ears and control difficulty.
- Support for user-created Mods and custom skins with Mods On/Off modes including a custom skin viewer tool
- Advanced graphics featuring High Dynamic Range (HDR) lighting, blinding sun glare, beautiful sunrises and sunsets, dark moonlit nights with stars and realistic looking raindrops and oil splatter on pilot goggles
- Functioning windsocks, signal flares and searchlights.
- Fully adjustable and customisable controller options including custom joystick curves and Force Feedback support
- Extremely powerful Mission Editor.
- Unlimited installs and recovery feature if something should go wrong during an update
- Thousands of historically accurate paintjobs available for download on the ROF website
Quick Mission Builder - allows you to create a combat encounter very quickly. Simply select the flight parameters with the easy-to-use interface. You can select the location, planes, weapons, skins, altitudes, wind, clouds and weather. You can also select from three different types of engagements: Skirmish, Survival and Duel.
Missions - These are custom stand-alone single missions you can fly to hone your combat skills. You can choose from Free Flight and Scenarios. The available missions are connected to the planes available for you to fly. Missions for the SPAD 13, Nieuport 17, Nieuport 28, Albatros D.Va, Fokker D.VII, Fokker DR.1, Pfalz D.XII, Sopwith Camel, S.E.5a and Felixstowe F.2a.are included.
Campaign - scripted campaigns designed to tell an immersive story. There are three campaigns available: Hat in the Ring, Du Doch Nicht and Training. Flying the campaigns is a good way to practise your combat skills before you venture into a pilot career.
Pilot Career - A pilot career allows you to choose from many different squadrons and fly historically based mission types throughout the war. You can choose which squadron you fly for and the date you start. You can also choose a biography for the pilot and starting rank. As you progress through your career you will earn promotions in rank and earn medals for your bravery and skill. The Career mode includes dynamic elements, and no two missions are exactly the same. You’ll face historically accurate enemy squadrons and occasionally encounter deadly enemy aces in combat. If you survive long enough, you can become the squadron leader and take charge of daily pilot assignments and mission planning.
Multiplayer - ROF has a robust MP environment with a built-in server browser. You can join MP matches easily or you can join simply to be a spectator. There are several types of Multiplayer matches including Cooperative (CO-OP), Dogfight (TDM) and Objective Based (CTF). Each type of server has different goals and rules. The server locator screen can help you determine which match is best for you. It lists the server’s description, mission rotation, players, ping, location and difficulty settings. Once you join a match you can fly a single seat fighter or bomber. You can also fly as a machine gunner on a multi-crew aircraft such a bomber or recon plane. The choice is yours.
Leaderboards - every Rise of Flight user has a unique user account and our system can track your multiplayer combat statistics if you choose to fly on special servers. On the Rise of Flight website there is a Leaderboard that lists the best ROF pilots throughout the world. The leaderboard displays many interesting statistics about your deadliest enemies. And you can see how you performed in your MP matches. If your stats aren’t impressive it’s ok. Just keep practising!