GLOBAL AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL (GATC) is a stand-alone simulation replicating the task of Tower, Approach and Departure controllers. What sets it apart from every other ATC simulation is that it is global, covering all the major airports in the whole world with unprecedented detail. It uses the same (licensed) database as the majority or airliners, so for each of the nearly 14.000 airports you will guide aircraft over the correct routing and procedures. The aircraft you guide will fly as they should and will be of the right type and the right airline for that airport.
While it includes a ‘gaming’ mode where ever-increasing traffic will test your skills, this is a serious simulation. Not only will you have to keep the aircraft type in mind (a massive Airbus A380 will need a lot more room to turn than a Twin Otter) but also the wind and visibility. Traffic flow is irregular, and you will find that there are times when your airport simply is not able to handle the traffic and you will need to keep aircraft in holding patterns until things slow down. But keep them there too long and some will start to run low on fuel and will demand to be given landing clearance. You decide if departing traffic needs to give way to arrivals. Every decision has consequences and you will quickly understand why air traffic controllers get paid as much as they do!
GATC is created with shared user-created content in mind. You can edit virtually every part of the simulator. If you feel B747s should climb faster, you can edit the aircraft file. If your favourite airline buys a new aircraft type, you can add it. If your favourite airline is missing, you can add it in minutes. And, of course, sharing these files will make the simulation better for all users!
- Close to 14,000 airports with all runways, SIDs, STARs, arrivals and waypoints (including restrictions)
- 100 airlines (expanding every day) with correct destinations and aircraft types
- 80 aircraft types that all fly realistically (speeds, turning rates, climb and descend rates etc.)
- Updateable navigation database (NavDataPro)
- All aspects of the simulator user-editable, and users are expressly invited to share content
- Real-time weather (requires online connection)
- Windows 7 and 8 touch interface
- Control aircraft with mouse or text interface
- Multiplayer mode via LAN possible
Try the fully functional demo at Munich airport - click here for details!
- 2.0GHz or any Dual Core
- 2GB RAM
- 256MB graphics card
- Windows 8 / 7 / Vista / XP (32-bit or 64-bit)
- 460MB hard drive space
- Internet connection required for activation
Earn 240 points with this purchase