Frequently Asked Questions for Rescue Pilot Mission Pack
Updates for Rescue Pilot Mission PackThere are currently no Updates for this product.
• The triggers are not working correctly
Please ensure you have the settings matched to what is listed in the manual:
In section Graphics Global options please unselect Preview DirectX 10
In section Scenery Terrain and water please set Mesh resolution to a value of 38m
When running Rescue Pilot together with Just Flights VFR Real Scenery please use the settings recommended for VFR Real Scenery.
If its still not working despite having those settings, please try disabling any scenery/mesh add-ons you have installed and see if that helps and contact us below, with the answers to these questions:
- Have you turned the mission compass and pointer on? Please do so to make sure you are hitting the point exactly.
- When hitting that particular spot as indicated on the compass/pointer... does the pointer change? In some cases there may be a left and right arrow under the compass (next to the Point of Interest description) which can be used to select the next POI. Is that the case or does the trigger simply not fire?
- Which direction/altitude/speed are you approaching the point from? We need to find out if it makes a difference if you approach a certain point from different directions.
• No scenery/aircraft are showing!
Please make sure you have read page 9 of the manual thoroughly. If you have, please load up the RP configuration tool from Start>All Programs>Just Flight>Rescue Pilot
Now check that under the Scenery tab, it is enabled. If it is, please follow the instructions below:
- Please go into your FSX settings menu > Scenery Library
- Click Add Area
- Navigate to this directory: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\JustFlight\RescuePilot\Scene\
- Click on the folder Scenery once, do not double click it to open the folder
- Now press OK in the bottom right of the box
- It should add an entry to the list
- Click OK in the bottom right of the screen
- Now check if the scenery is being displayed.
• When beginning a mission it does not appear that a plane has loaded.Rescue Pilot loads with you, the pilot, on the apron of the airfield and not yet in the cockpit of an aircraft. You need to walk to the aircraft of your choice.
• I've got square lights / no lights appear on my aircraft / no lights appear on the emergency service vehicles / the fire effects do not appear during missions
Some users who previously installed the Rescue Pilot demo may experience problems with lights and effects not appearing correctly. Installing this patch will address those issues:
• Rescue Pilot (demo version)
Rescue Pilot is due to be released as a full product in early 2008. Until then a demo version is available to download.