The Avro CF-105 Arrow was an all-weather, high-altitude interceptor aircraft, designed and built by Avro Canada) as the culmination of a design study that began during the Cold War. This revolutionary two-seat, twin-engine aircraft used computer control and 'fly by wire' technology, and featured a delta wing design that had the advantage of allowing for the wing's leading edge to remain behind the shock wave created by the aircraft's nose when flying at supersonic speeds.
Now you can experience first-hand the performance of an aircraft in which the advanced systems and cockpit ergonomics proved quite a challenge for the test pilots who flew them fifty years ago!
This package contains five variations of the Avro CF-105 Arrow Mk. 1 equipped with two Pratt & Whitney J75-P-5 turbojet engines and one variation of the Arrow Mk. 2, equipped with two mighty Orenda PS-13 'Iroquois' turbojet engines.
The detailed aircraft models are all based on available archive material, and the package comes with 3D virtual cockpits, special effects, a 60-page PDF manual, ten saved flights and many more features.
This package contains two different fully functional and highly detailed virtual cockpits. Each aircraft comes with one main instrument panel and a number of secondary panels.
- Nearly 200 fully animated gauges, switches, levers, light indicators and flight instruments with 'tooltips' - move the cursor over a gauge with the mouse and its name will appear
- Main instrument panel, plus left and right console
- Radio/ADF panel
- Autopilot panel
- Fully functional warning (annunciator) panel
- Back/front-lit instrument panels
- Cockpit spotlights (VC and exterior model)
- High-altitude (red) lighting
- 'Invisible' canopy mode so you can remove the canopy for extra visibility
- Arrow kneeboard reference tab and checklist (from within Flight Simulator)
- Engine smoke effects
- Engine afterburner (flames and shockwaves) effects
- Aircraft lights
- Mobile landing lights (on front gear)
- Steerable/mobile taxi lights (on front gear)
- Wing vortices
- More than 60 animations
- Reflective textures
- Unique markings and liveries
- Movable control surfaces - elevator, ailerons, vertical stabilizer/rudder and speed brakes
- Extendable ventral speed brakes
- Steerable front gear with landing and taxi lights
- Animated engine turbine and compressor disks
- Animated engine exhaust nozzles (petals)
- Removable canopies
- Cockpit details include pilot/navigator and animated stick, levers and parts
- Custom sound sets
- 14 camera views (FSX only)
Custom flight model includes functional afterburners, basic autopilot modes and delta wing flight characteristics. The aircraft can accelerate to Mach 2.3 and reach an altitude of nearly 60,000 feet while still showing fairly good overall manoeuvrability.
60-page PDF manual (English & French).
10 saved flights based on Arrow test flights or fictitious but anticipated missions.
"A top quality product, carefully researched and crafted with a high degree of accuracy... faithfully reproduces the six prototypes that existed... The manual is a good accurate read and to be commended for size and detail... Where else can you buy a prototype of the Arrow, produced in a good quality package including a 61 page manual, well finished and realistic in the handling and moving parts, with an accurate cockpit?" Avsim.com
- FSX (SP2 recommended, Acceleration Pack optional) or FS2004
- 3.0 GHz PC or any dual core
- 512Mb RAM
- 256Mb graphics card, DirectX 9.0
- Windows 8 / 7 / XP / Vista
- 300Mb hard drive space
Note: Does not support certain DirectX 10 features.
Usual/Was Price: $39.99
Special Offer Price $19.40
Earn 144 points with this purchase