The Bell Agusta 609 Tilt Rotor from Wilco Publishing combines the speed, altitude, and comfort of a turboprop with the vertical take-off and landing capabilities of a helicopter! The capacity is that of a full-size, fixed-wing aircraft, but this unique machine provides the convenience of VTOL helicopter operation or VSTOL in tight corners!
With an operational ceiling of 25,000 feet, this versatile aircraft will fly in arctic to tropical conditions with a range of 750 nautical miles and a cruising speed of 275 knots. Transition from vertical to conventional flight is a breeze and the on-board systems all combine to make life easier for the pilot under extreme conditions.
This simulation breaks new ground in Flight Simulator and features seven variants in FSX (three in FS2004) with civilian and military liveries, multiple 2D panels and a fully functional VC with ultra-modern electronic instrument displays, four missions in FSX, unique flight dynamics, a variety of superbly detailed interiors, working winch/hoist in certain versions and much more besides.
See the detailed description below for full details.
- Revolutionary Tilt Rotor aircraft with unique VTOL, VSTOL and hovering capabilities, developed specifically for this model
- Unique ground-handling attributes allow for ease of manoeuvrring around airports and within restricted spaces. The Tilt Rotor can be 'parked' like a car!
- Seven distinct aircraft variants with ten liveries
- Advanced FSX missions take advantage of this incredible machine’s capabilities and test your flying skills and nerve!
- Video introduction to the aircraft, VSTOL and VTOL operations and a complete flight tutorial is included.
- Unique levels of interior detail including passenger, patient and medic (air ambulance) fully animated, military and civilian style pilots, male and female.
Models and liveries
- Seven FSX aircraft variants: Civilian Executive, Short Haul airline, Search & Rescue Coast Guard, MedEvac, Police, Military Ground support attack machine (fictional) and prototype.
- Three FS2004 aircraft variants: Civilian Executive, Short Haul airline, prototype.
- Five civilian liveries : Executive schemes, ShortHaul Airline, Bell/Agusta livery
- Three Search & Rescue and MedEvac liveries: MedEvac, Police, Coast Guard (FSX)
- Military liveries: European, US Army (FSX), European Military prototype
- Multiple 2D control panels, including overhead, pedestal and 'glass cockpit' arrays.
- 3D Interactive “Glass cockpit” Virtual Cockpit with 3D fully clickable knobs and buttons, collective and stick controls, fully functional overhead panels and more (some features unavailable to FS2004 versions).
- Outstanding VC cabin for Luxury VIP/Executive and Medical services (FSX).
- Genuine and highly accurate VSTOL (Vertical/Short Take Off and Landing), VTOL (Vertical Take-Off and Landing) and full hovering capabilities!
- Unique flight dynamics
- Specific FSX camera point of views for functional and recreational use
- Luggage and fuel trucks connection animations (FSX only)
- Animated pilots, passengers and feature details such as fluttering warning flags, chocks and strobe light safety cones when on ground .(some features unavailable in FS2004).
- Frame-rate friendly
- Easy-to-use Paint Kit to create your own liveries (PhotoShop required)
- Tilt Rotor can land on a 30° slope, land on oil rigs and buildings and operate from the deck of a moving carrier!
- Realistic turbo-prop sound effects
- Realistic switchable operating variable position rotor heads in VTOL mode (FS2004)
- Smooth and realistic animations: tilt-rotors, nacelles, flaperons, pilots, automatic windshield wipers (turn on and off with rain or can be operated from the VC), suspension, flaps, gears, doors and much more (some features unavailable in FS2004)
- Working winch/hoist/slinghook in some versions, clickable from VC
- High resolution reflective and chrome textures, dynamic shine, night lighting, bump-mapped detail in FSX
- Exterior security cones around the parked aircraft and details such as wheel chocks and animated warning flags (some features unavailable in FS2004)
- Modern-style animated door/steps, passenger and cargo doors, winches and other equipment
- 'Firable' 'Hellfires' in Military mode (FSX missions specific)
- New generation glass cockpit with ultra-modern electronic instrument displays controlled in the VC using 3D buttons and knobs. Back-up GPS unit and minor gauges
- GPS navigational display (Flight Simulator GPS database)
- Pop up EFIS screens for multi-monitor displays. Resizable and detachable gauges for any additional monitor use
- Unique nacelle tilt and radar altimeter gauge
- Button controlled winch gear (FSX)
- Numerous warnings and caution messages
- 3D AutoPilot control panel and radio unit.
- Selectable checklists for pre-flight, take-off , approach and landing.
- Battery and generators switches fully operative with corresponding action
- APU start-up/shut-down sequences simulated, with the corresponding EICAS messages
- Full complement of functional switches and levers in overhead panels (some features unavailable in FS2004)
- Seat belts and No Smoking signs switches with audio
- Repeater MFD in passenger cabin (executive only)
Tilt Rotor comes with four advanced missions specifically designed for Flight Simulator X, flyable under day, night and IFR conditions :
- Hurricane Evacuation - Location : Gulf of Mexico – Level : Advanced
- High Roller Shuttle - Location : French Riviera - Level : Intermediate
- Carrier Resupply - Location : Gibraltar – Level : Advanced
- Everest Rescue - Location : Mount Everest – Level : Expert
With a simple change to the mission set-up menu in FSX, the Tilt Rotor can be used to complete all the helicopter missions available as standard.
- FS2004 or Flight Simulator X (Acceleration, SP2 and DX10 Preview compatible)
- 2.5GHz or any Dual Core
- 1.0Gb RAM
- 128Mb graphics card
- Windows 8 / 7 (32-bit and 64-bit) / XP/ Vista 32-bit
- 864Mb hard drive space
Earn 276 points with this purchase