- 40 aircraft across 14 variants
- Accurate flight models
- Authentic and accurate period liveries
- Detailed printed manual
- High detail clickable Virtual cockpits (VC) as well as 2D instrument panels
- Superb sound sets
- Full animations of flight surfaces, props, canopies, access hatches, gear and wheels
- Working flight controls include trim tabs on elevators and rudder, operated from the correct controls in the cockpits, flap and gear indicators, control rods and horns for the rudders. All hatches and minor inspection doors are animated with textured interiors.
- Fully detailed undercarriages include correctly functioning suspension, brake lines and hydraulics. Correctly sculptured wheels and asymmetric gear retractions provide highly realistic visual appeal.
- Visible variable pitch on propeller blades (where applicable to type) operated from the pitch control in the cockpit.
- Automatic and random animation in the pilots produce realistic movement in the cockpit while flying.
- Exceptionally accurate detail in the cockpits with all controls operable by mouse. Every panel contains fully modelled instrument bodies with reflective glass faces, switches and minor controls. Newly created instruments include correct gear indicator lights unit, nose trim, fuel primer, pump, boost coil and starters.
â€¢ All BBMF (Royal Air Force Battle of Britain Memorial Flight) Spitfires are represented and authentically textured, including 'The Last!' PRXIX model. Modern suited BBMF pilots are provided with these aircraft
This add-on includes Royal Air Force station Duxford scenery based on what it would have looked like during the WWII era.
All the buildings have been modelled and textured from contemporary photographs. The entire suite of buildings is there, including parade ground barracks, officers' quarters, admin buildings and so on.
Duxford village is also modelled, with its church buildings and rows of period cottages
(Note: Duxford scenery is not available in Flight Simulator X).
Fully interactive multi-media manual: 'How to fly a Spitfire'
An industry first, this contains clickable images opening to fully animated 3D movies of the aircraft and systems with a professionally recorded audio guide. This is produced with an evocative 1940s feel.
Spitfire MkVb (Merlin) Floatplane (FSX/FS2004)
NEW in Download version
K5054 in blue/grey factory finish with 'new types' No. 2 on fuselage
Mk1 early (FS2004/2002)
K9906 Robert Stanford Tuck 65 Squadron Hornchurch August 1940
K9854 Wilfred Clouston 19 Squadron Duxford October 1939
Mk1A (FS2004/2002 and CFS3)
P9386 Brian Lane Fowlmere September 1940
K9953 Adolf 'Sailor' Malan, 74 Squadron, Hornchurch May/June 1940
R6690 John Dundas 609 Squadron Middle Wallop August 1940
P9433 Constantine Pegge 610 Squadron Biggin Hill August 1940
Mk1B (cannon) (FS2004/2002 and CFS3)
R6908 Brian Kingcome 92 Squadron Biggin Hill November 1940
P7966 Douglas Bader Tangmere Wing March 1941
P7849 'Armagh' Walter Lawson 19 Squadron Fowlmere June 1941
P8081 'Garfield Weston IV' Adolphe Vybiral 312 Czech 1941
P7350 RAF Battle of Britain Memorial Flight - Painted as L1067 XT-D 603 Squadron, RAuxAF
MkVc (FS2004/2002 and CFS3 - and 2 for CFS2)
AR501 310 Czech Squadron Exeter 1942 (clipped wing)
XR-K 334th Pursuit Squadron USAAF
BS295 R.Caldwell 80 Fighter Wing 1 TAF RAAF Darwin 1943 (For CFS 2 also).
A58-178 'UP-G' 79 Squadron RAAF East Asia (tropical filter) (For CFS 2 also)
MkVb (FS2004/2002 and CFS3)
BM144 J. Zumbach 303 Polish Squadron
AB910 BBMF Painted as AB502 IR-G
VCS-7 (US Navy) D-Day gun spotter Cruiser Scouting Squadron 7
AR364 234 Squadron D-Day support fighter (Later Merlin 6 stack)
MH434 222 Squadron 1943 (different gun configuration)
NL-P 341 Squadron Free French 1944
MK732 332 Squadron Royal Dutch Air Force 1950s
MK356 443 Squadron RCAF 1944
Mk IXE (clipped-wing broad blade rudder) (FS2004/2002)
MK356 RAF Battle of Britain Memorial Flight - Painted as 21-V , 443 Squadron RCAF (short Chord)
(ex PV304) 41-416, 725 Squadron Royal Danish Air Force Karup 1947
194 R. A.Berg, (Norwegian) 132 Wing 2nd TAF 1945
OK-BXD Czech Air Police Frontier Patrol 1946
Mk IX T Two-seat trainer (FS2004/2002)
MJ627 441 Squadron (display colours only) (ex IAC162)
Civilian Reg: G-AIDN Blue/White livery
F XIV E (Griffon) High Back (FS2004/2002 & CFS3)
RM 908 152 Squadron SEAC 1946
RN 135 J.H. 'Ginger' Lacey 17 Squadron 1945
F XIV E (Griffon) low-back clipped-wing (FS2004/2002)
SG127 BAF Fighter School Coxyde
TZ112 TAF No2 Squadron Wahn, Germany, 1948
PR XIX (Griffon) High Back PR version (FS2004/2002)
PS915 RAF Battle of Britain Memorial Flight - Painted as 81 Squadron 'The Last!' 1945 (vertical camera)
F11 Wing, Skavsta, Nykoping. Swedish Air Force (oblique camera)
Mk22 (Griffon) Low Back (FS2004/2002)
PK 428 603 Squadron R Aux AF Turnhouse 1949
PK 656 73 Squadron Ta Kali Malta 1949
K 682 80 Squadron Kai Tak Hong Kong 1951