Real Scenery Airfields - Denham is the first in our brand new range of highly realistic and atmospheric airfields and airports designed exclusively for Flight Simulator X.
Denham is located to the west of London and has been a very well known GA (General Aviation) and training airfield for many years.
The airfield has been painstakingly created to the very highest standards by our in-house development team and includes all the major buildings that make Denham instantly recognisable to anybody who has visited it. A wholly new feature in this release is the appearance of snow on the ground during December and January, thanks to unique technology not found in any other product!
From the authentic buildings and realistic textures to the static and AI aircraft and animations, there really is no more faithful rendition of Denham than Real Scenery - Denham Airfield. Below is a quick summary of the airfield features . See the detailed description below for full details.
Aerial photography provides 100% accuracy of airport and surroundings
Denham can be used with the default FSX ground textures or blends in perfectly with our VFR Real Scenery add-ons.
Optimised for FSX
All major buildings accurately modelled and located
Ground snow texture available during December and January
High resolution (10 metre) terrain mesh
Custom night textures for ground and buildings
Animated people, aircraft and vehicles
Flocks of birds fly above the airfield!
Unique tool for performance customisation
- Ground textures have all been created from high-resolution aerial photographs.
- Optimised to blend in perfectly with the default FSX terrain and Just Flight's VFR Real Scenery add-ons (or other VFR photo-scenery products).
- Includes the nearby golf course.
- Photorealistic ground textures extend beyond the airfield perimeter to provide an accurate depiction of the airfield surroundings during take-off and landing.
- Spring, summer, autumn and winter variations in ground texture automatically change to match the seasonal changes of the default FSX terrain.
- Unique option to switch to ground snow textures in December and January. (Many third-party airfield add-ons cannot switch to snow textures.)
- Option to switch to a single-season version for complete compatibility with VFR Real Scenery.
- High-resolution (10-metre) terrain mesh for the airfield and immediate surroundings.
- Extensive custom Autogen for the photorealistic areas around the airfield.
- Even the swimming pool behind Biggles Restaurant has ‘real’ water!
- The high-detail airfield buildings are based on up-to-date research and photographs which accurately represent the current state of the airfield after many recent changes.
- Detailed models of buildings outside the perimeter, but closely associated with the airfield, are also included - the Air Cadets hut, the Biggles Restaurant and even Aunt Mabel’s Cottage!
- Custom night textures for ground and buildings.
- Known Visual Reference Points used by pilots when approaching the airfield, such as Chalfont St. Giles Church and Harefield Hospital, are also modelled.
Many extra-high-detail objects to give that extra touch of realism...
- Fuel pumps
- Storage tanks
- Picnic benches
- Step ladders
- Aircraft undergoing maintenance
- Helicopter landing dollies
- Well over 100 static objects
- Cars in the various car parks
- Parked aircraft around the airfield
- Helicopters on the aprons
- Additional custom aircraft traffic to make the airfield as busy as it is in real life
- Additional road traffic
- People walking around or waving at the aircraft
- Cars and trucks moving on the roads and in the car parks
- Tractors in the surrounding fields
- AI (Artificial Intelligence) aircraft
- Flocks of birds fly above the field
- Airfield beacon
Take full control!
You have full control over how many features are displayed, using the Airfield Settings program and the standard FSX scenery settings.
The manual features a history of the airfield as well as detailed information about the various Settings options.
"An absolute bargain... A highly realistic and atmospheric airfield for FSX... The area covered is only small, but the amount of detail packed into that area is fantastic... This package is a great opening airfield for Just Flight’s new range" FSStation.com
"The placement of the buildings, trees and even the lakes to the east is spot on... there's plenty of action around the field" PC Pilot
"Excellent quality, and superb attention to detail... A nice transition of detail that extends well beyond the limits of the airfield... Fantastic value and a must-have for flight simulator enthusiasts who need a touch of realism in their airfields... A great job, at a very realistic price" FlightSim.com
- Flight Simulator X (Service Pack 2 or Acceleration required)
- 3.0GHz PC
- 1Gb RAM
- 128Mb+ 3D graphics card
- Windows 8 / 7 / XP / Vista
- 70Mb hard drive space
Earn 84 points with this purchase