The all-new Air Hauler expansion for FSX and FS2004 puts you in complete control of your own freight company - take charge of operations both in the boardroom and in the cockpit.
The limitless possibilities and flexibility of Air Hauler will let you immerse yourself totally in every operational detail of your freight company - each crucial flight which will have an effect on the reputation and reach of your expanding freight empire.
The level of complexity is up to you - simply fly jobs between bases and buy or lease aircraft, or carve out a career in the air freight industry by hiring AI pilots, trading shares on the stock market with real-world NYSE/FTSE/DAX prices, and even risking everything on loans to fill your ultimate freight hangar.
Air Hauler tracks all your financial activity, whether you're buying aircraft or air bases, fuel or repairs, or paying for landing fees or even loans and leases. Take out insurance if you think the part-time pilots you've hired might let you down when you can least afford it.
As the pilot charged with delivering the goods on time, you can decide to fly a job in multiple legs, or stop anywhere en route for refuelling or maintenance. Contend with real-world weather conditions if you want the extra challenge and keep a watchful eye on your fuel economy - the price of fuel in Air Hauler can vary with the real-world price of aviation fuel for added realism!
The busy freight pilot will appreciate Air Hauler's flight briefings in the Flight Simulator kneeboard, and you can easily create a custom parking position anywhere on an airport and choose the airport gate for your departures.
If your management skills are needed in the boardroom, then recruit other pilots to fly jobs for you and keep track of them all with the AI pilot system. Detailed Map views showing all the airports in Flight Simulator will help you keep tabs on available jobs and the locations of your bases and fleet.
Air Hauler puts you in charge every step of the way - from landings to leases, flight plans to finances, and repairs to recruitment.
- Open and run bases at any airport in Flight Simulator X or FS2004
- Take out loans to get into heavier metal faster - or open that extra base!
- Can't afford a new aircraft? Buy second hand, or lease a new one at reasonable rates
- Still working on your landings? Employed some low time jet jocks? Insure your fleet to take the sting out of repairs!
- Build your company's reputation in order to open up more lucrative cargo runs
- Plan and fly multiple jobs to multiple destinations at the same time
- Job too big for your aircraft? You can do it in multiple trips taking what you can fit in
- You can fly your add-on aircraft in Air Hauler, both fixed-wing and helicopters, and you can stop off at any airfield or airport en route for fuel or repairs
- Pick up where you left off with the 'Resume Game' feature (you need to be parked at an airport)
- Using ActiveSky or real world weather? Air Hauler shows the real-world METAR and TAF for airports
- Google maps - check your location on Google Maps, allowing you to see which towns and cities you are overflying
- Air Hauler fuel prices vary with the real-world price of aviation fuel (Internet connection required)
- Chatroom - keep in touch with all the other Air Hauler pilots flying throughout the world
- Looking to invest your hard-earned cash? Trade shares on the stock market with real-world NYSE / FTSE / DAX prices (Internet connection required)
- Keep an eye on your finances using in-depth cashbook and graphs - the Finance screen - Also shows the total of your monthly overheads and wage bill
- Choose the airport gate at which your aircraft starts - no more 747s on GA gates
- Use your current airport scenery and gate and parking location data in Air Hauler to ensure you start at the right location every time.
- Recruit other pilots into your company and get them to fly jobs for you with our AI pilot system
- See available jobs, and the location of your bases, fleet and pilots, with our map views showing all the airports in Flight Simulator
- Test your piloting with fragile cargoes
- Air Hauler Radar, which shows all pilots (not AI) who are currently flying in Air Hauler. Data available includes their aircraft, position, speed and the cargo on board
- VoxATC and WideFS support
- "Where Am I?" button - See your aircraft's current location on Google Maps
- A virtual logbook shows which airfields you have visited
- Your pilots and fleet can be seen within FSX as AI traffic
The developer, Duncan Murray, has released numerous upgrades, tweaks and new features since Air Hauler was released. The Service Pack, available from our Support section here, is a cumulative update which includes all previous updates and should be installed by all users of this Boxed version of Air Hauler.
Q: Are the features in the FSX and FS2004 versions of Air Hauler exactly the same?
A: Yes - features are identical in both versions.
Q: Do I need to use ActiveSky or another real world weather, given that AirHauler can show the real-world METAR and TAF for airports?
A: No - You can set your own weather or use the default Microsoft/Jeppesen real-world weather facility.
Q: Do I need to get involved in share trading and the other complex options to enjoy Air Hauler?
A: No - you don't need to use the shares feature at all if you prefer not to. The essential part of Air Hauler is YOU flying cargo around! If you want to get more advanced and have AI pilots, deal in shares and so on, it's up to you but it's always optional. The same applies to the option of using real-world fuel prices. It's not an obligatory feature, but if you enjoy the realism of fluctuations in the oil industry affecting your Air Hauler company, you'll enjoy this added dimension.
Q: Must I have an Internet connection to use Air Hauler?
A: No - only if you want to use the real-world fuel price feature or the stock market trading options. If you don't have an Internet connection or choose not to use the fuel price feature, fuel prices will remain fixed. An Internet connection will be required for you to upload your company stats to the Air Hauler website.
"It's both a business sim and FSX add-on of the highest order and with the online community, forum and ongoing support by the developers should be an add-on that lasts for a long time... My view is Just Flight have pulled one out of the box here and for that I'm awarding it ARNZX's top award, the Golden X... Very clever, well thought out and implemented and really does cover the bases you need to run a business extremely well." Aircraft Repaints New Zealand (Golden X award)
"Massive in scope and customisability... Working out the efficient utilisation of your company's aircraft and pilots is absorbing and amazingly addictive... Excellent documentation" PC PowerPlay magazine
An excellent product... Highly recommended... Air Hauler throws up some great flight suggestions and challenges... A Fantastic add-on that totally changes how you use Flight Simulator" PC Pilot (Classic Product award, 95/100)
"In this writer’s opinion, Air Hauler is on its way to becoming a classic in the Flight Sim community... No reduction in frame rates or system performance... Air Hauler is addictive fun!... The program is very user friendly and well designed... Overall, I have been impressed with the quality and stability of the product" Avsim.com
"A very addictive add-on... For getting the excitement back in FS, this add-on gets top points... A very well thought out program. It contains a million small strings that interact with each other, and it never loses focus... The way it works in Windows is great. It's easy to use and looks great, and is flexible" FlightSimulatorXWorld.com
"Quite possibly the best airline simulation in existence" True PC Gaming.com
- Flight Simulator X or FS2004
- Pentium III 1.7GHz PC or better
- 512Mb RAM
- Windows 8 / 7 / XP / Vista (32-bit or 64-bit)
- 1Gb hard drive space
- Microsoft .Net Framework 2 (included)
- FSUIPC 4.50 for FSX, 3.90 for FS2004 (included)
Earn 250 points with this purchase